The 7th Annual Anna Maria Island Wedding Festival
Tips, Hints and Suggestions for Attending a Bridal Show
- Pre Register: Save time at check-in by pre-registering before the show. Pre-Register at www.amiweddingfestival.com
- Confirm your Date: Cut to the chase to save time. Your first question to a vendor should be: Are you available on this date?
- Wear Comfortable Shoes: For the better part of the day you’ll be standing and talking to vendors so dress for comfort.
- Attend the Show: The bridal fashion show is often the highlight of a show. Make certain to arrive early enough to get a really good seat.
- Bring a Pad and Pen: There will be many opportunities to register for prizes and you will want to take notes.
- Label Yourself: Avoid writer’s cramp. Invest in self adhesive labels that have your name, address, phone number, email address and wedding date on it. This will save you a lot of time if you want to leave your personal information with vendors.
- Record Info: Bring your calendar, datebook and check book. Book appointments and make deposits while you are there. This saves you time later. If organization is your strong suit, bring a binder with envelopes and file tabs for each kind of vendor (caterer, photographer, florist, etc.). Before you leave a vendor’s booth, file the business cards and brochures. This will save you lots of time later.
- Talk to Vendors: Do you remember when your mother told you “Don’t talk to strangers?” Now is the time to forget that rule. Take the time to talk to vendors. It’s the only way to learn more about their product or service. Exhibitors are there to answer your questions and concerns. If there is room, the best place to write notes about a vendor is right on the literature he or she gives you. It will help you after the show to keep the vendors from melding into one another.
- Get Some Color: We all know that there are hundreds of different varieties of every color. Take the guess work out of matching that special color. Bring color swatches to perfectly match linens and other wedding items to your color scheme.
- Bring a Friend or Family Member: Bring your mother and/or bridal attendants. The fashion shows feature something for everyone – bridal gowns, bridesmaid dresses, mother-of-the-bride gowns and tuxedos. It’s also great to have another opinion when you find something you like.
- Bring the Groom: Most grooms are responsible for their formal wear, honeymoon arrangements and selecting the transportation. This is a great opportunity for your fiance to select a tux and accessories, see limos, and meet knowledgeable travel agents. Plus having him there means you won’t have to try and describe everything you see to him when you get home. Our festival is guy friendly with food and beverages at many of the vendor sites. They might even get a glimpse of their favourite televised sport at the vendor stops.
- Set Up a Wedding Email Account: In the early stages of wedding planning, consider setting up a wedding email account through a free online email service such as Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail. Not only will it be convenient to receive all wedding related communications through one account but it will be helpful in keeping your regular email free of unsolicited email. You can also use it down the road, when offering guests a way to RSVP to your event.
- Use the Two-Bag Buddy System: Every vendor wants your business and they’ll be prepared to hand you a remarkable amount of promotional material. Bring one large tote bag or use your complimentary Wedding Festival tote to store all of the information in which you are truly interested and have a friend use another. When you receive information from a vendor who doesn’t necessarily offer something you’d like to learn more about, put it in your friends bag. When you get home you won’t have to sift through a large amount of ads. You’ll already know which stack should head right to the recycling bin.
- Don’t Be Camera Shy: Bringing a simple digital camera will allow you to quickly remember some of the great things you see at the show. Did you see a dress that had a feature you liked or flowers you want at your ceremony?
- Come with an Open Mind: One of the best things about a bridal show is that it gives you an opportunity to see what’s new and exciting, things you may not have thought of or considered. And the MOST IMPORTANT TIP TO REMEMBER WHEN ATTENDING A BRIDAL SHOW IS TO HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!
We make it easy for you. With our strolling style wedding festival you will be able to visit with the vendors in the natural setting of the island. We hope these tips will help you when attending bridal shows. Congratulations!